Δευτέρα 8 Σεπτεμβρίου 2014

camping in the french Alps

Friday's fire was put out.

We awoke on the mountain, yet another sunny hot day of smiley, happy faces... Somehow the tables were clean - some elder people were cooking for tonight's party - Coffee, croissants, breakfast, gifts to our birthday girl... By now all the faces became familiar and you said bonjour to everyone.

Clio's family is Scottish on her father's side so many nice Scottish people arrived for the day.

I decided to go on a small walk since the day was so warm and nice.

Lunch, more gifts....

That night we would leave the big house to make room for the elder. We would sleep in tents and sleeping bags in the camping site of Autrans. I had been complaining that I haven't been camping for a long 2 years... Here I was, putting up a tent in the Alps!!! I was so excited! There were at least 10 tents on the grass.

Before we got ready for the big Scottish party, we went to help with the breakfast scones, a typical British cake and oatcakes, a typical Scottish treat. Everything tasted and felt so nice! I was overwhelmed by emotions, trying to soak everything and not forget!

Went back to the camping site to get ready... I almost cried with joy when I heard a Scottish fiddle somewhere in the distance. Call me crazy, but I get really emotional with all things Scottish and Irish. It's like home to me. There is a deep appreciation in my soul and it might go back many lifetimes....

Everyone was beautiful, in their party clothes. Some of the men even wore their Scottish skirts...

To be continued....





Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου