Τρίτη 30 Σεπτεμβρίου 2014

la Trieve a wonderful place in the mountains

There is one part of the trip I have not talked about yet. And this is La Trieve. It's a place south of Grenoble where there are mountains and glaciers.






It's a place of unbelievable beauty, where every corner is a surprise. You can hike or you can drive and you see alpine lakes and rivers, mountains and more mountain tops!


But it's not just the place... It's the people too...





First time I went there with Clio the weekend before the grape picking. Second time was last weekend.

First time we met Helene and her beautiful family. They live in a wooden house in the Alps. Two wonderful children and her husband. Smiles and hugs and love.

And then there is Marine. We stayed at her little lovely house and her two cats! Her family lives near by, her mom and dad. Marine was at Clio's birthday. Big bright green eyes full of warmth. She did not speak English but somehow we managed to communicate.

That weekend, Clio and Marine went horse riding and I went hiking. Me, myself and nature. Trees, birds, wild vegetation... The track was really well signed and easy to walk. In the winter it snows up there but this time of the year, it's warm and green.

The second time we had another Marine with us. Four girls and a dog. This past Sunday was so full I'll try to remember it all hour by hour because it is really worth it....


We woke up early and went to help Marine's father with his eggs. We saw the whole process and it was great fun! And then it was time for a ride on the tractor! Clio rode and I went on a ride. Unbelievable speed - 2 km per hour - he he...

Off to an open market for food and then a lovely picnic besides an alpine lake.





Lak (lake in french) du Sautet is the name. A lake's energy is different than that of a river. There is not the sound of running water and the waves are small and quick if I must describe them. It was nice and sunny so we spent some hours next to it.

I kept seeing faces on the rocks and in the trees. A midget, a strange creature made out of rock, a face in the tree... Clio said I see god everywhere. But it's not god. Its the creatures that lie beyond. Its the spirits of rocks and trees. It's the spirits of the mountain. It's the faces that people use to make fairytales. They have done for centuries.

It was time to go, my camera had run out of battery. All my senses had to be alert for the next place. The fountain of Les Guillardes. A mysterious place on the mountain where water comes out of the rocks. I took my shoes off and climbed on the rocks barefoot. Put my feet in the crystal water. Freezing cold just for a few seconds... Instant cleansing for the feet, the soul, the heart....

No wonder the people here have big smiles and big eyes... The mountain's energy is so strong... Off to Helene's place again... She is so warm, her sence hospitality is incredible... Her husband Jose has a big smile and he is paragliding every weekend with his warm friend Keke... Jose is on a wheelchair but that does not stop him from enjoying his life and his family. I am so proud and honoured to have met those people who will stay in my heart always... Both Marine and Helene are beautiful souls and I owe them the best times I had in France...

I do hope they both come to Greece so I can offer them back their love and hospitality...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου